Nature Discovery Centre
The Nature Discovery Centre offers a great day out for all the family
The Centre is packed full of interactive wildlife and natural history displays. There is a network of footpaths ranging from small family-friendly walks to longer paths for the more adventurous. Surrounded by a mosaic of different habitats, there is fantastic wildlife to see all year around.
- Lakeside café offering delicious hot and cold refreshments
- Adventure Playgrounds
- Gift shop with a great range of wildlife themed gifts, toys and books
- Picnic facilities
- Toilets, disabled toilets and baby changing
- Signposted walk routes and seasonal Wildlife Discovery Trail
- Thatcham Community Orchard
Download a map and directions
Centre opening times (including shop and café)
Summer (April-October): Open 7 days a week, including bank holidays. 10:30am-5pm
- Winter (November-March): Tuesday-Sunday 10:30am-4pm. Closed Mondays
Car parking and admission to the centre are free. We welcome donations. Charges apply for special events (please see our events page for more information)
Car Park opening times
- All year round: Open from 8am every day; subject to seasonal locking times (please check the boards on your arrival).
Get the most from your visit
The centre, cafe and toilets are wheelchair accessible. The Red Trail around the lake is suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs.
Gentle slopes, gates, benches, unsurfaced paths may become muddy in wet weather. There are trails suitable for all abilities.
Bringing your dog
Dogs are welcome on the reserve, but please keep them out of the lake. We ask that you keep dogs under close control at all times. Dogs, except assistance dogs, are not permitted inside the visitor centre.
What's on at The Nature Discovery Centre
More ways to get involved
Hire a space at one of our visitor centres or nature reserves, join a wildlife club, or plan a group visit.