Young Rangers- Nature Discovery Centre, Thatcham, Saturday 4th December
, Thatcham, Berkshire , RG19 3FU
About the event
Wildlife and seasonal themed activities for children to explore and engage in the great outdoors! Sessions last for 2 hours and are packed full of fun games and activities to teach you all about the fantastic natural world that surrounds you.
Over the course of a year, you can expect to:
🌳 Learn about wildlife including insects, plants, birds and mammals
🌳 Complete valuable conservation work and learn how to use tools safely
🌳 Develop bush craft skills including fire lighting and campfire cooking
NB Tickets for this event close 48hrs before the start time.
Covid Terms & conditions
- If you or a member of your household is showing ANY flu like signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or you have been told by NHS Test and Trace to isolate, please do not attend the session.
- Only those booked onto the session can attend and we adhere to strict supervisory ratios.
- All participants will be required to use an alcohol sanitising hand gel/wash their hands with soap and water on arrival and throughout the session at regular intervals.
- During the session your Young Ranger will be supported to enable social distancing from others at a distance of 2m in line with public health advice. Your child does not have to wear a mask during the session as we are outdoors. Adult leaders and volunteers and Teen Rangers will wear a mask if they have to go indoors or come within 2 metres of each other for health and safety reasons. E.g. pond dipping, fire lighting, tools demonstration / support.
WHAT TO BRING:
Dress for the weather in clothes and sturdy shoes that you don't mind getting dirty. Please check the weather forecast and bring waterproofs, warm layers, sun hat, sun protection and insect repellent as appropriate. We will be outside for the whole session, and you will need to carry your own things. Please bring a bottle of water. We'll provide hot chocolate and a snack - let us know if you have any dietary requirements.
In addition to what you normally bring, please bring:
• Work gloves or gardening gloves if you have them - we can provide if not
• A mug and teaspoon - we will provide hot drinks but bringing your own mug helps reduce contact
This club is for children only - no adults to accompany please.
Newcomers must complete and return the parental consent form sent out with the ticket information. Parents are required to park in the car park and bring their child to the session leader for registration.
Price£6 per child
Know before you go
Please contact event organiser
Wheelchair accessPlease contact event organiser
What to bring
all weather outdoor clothing