Environmental Education Officer (Windsor Great Park)
Berkshire, Buckinghamshire & Oxfordshire Wildlife Trust, The Lodge, 1 Armstrong Road, Littlemore, Oxford Oxon OX4 4XT
Registered Charity No. 204330 www.bbowt.org.uk
We are looking for an outgoing, knowledgeable educator with superlative communication skills, at least three years’ experience delivering environmental education activities (to pre-school and Primary-aged children), experience working with 11-16 years and an excellent knowledge of wildlife and habitats.
The Berks, Bucks & Oxon Wildlife Trust is a membership-based voluntary organisation, managing over 80 nature reserves, influencing land management and educating and encouraging all sectors of the community to care for local wildlife.
BBOWT and The Crown Estate have partnered to provide a centre for environmental education within Windsor Great Park. The post-holder will be based for ten months of the year at the Environmental Centre in Windsor Great Park and for two months of the year at Woolley Firs, Maidenhead.
- To lead on the delivery of four environmental education programmes at Windsor Great Park: school visits; Nature Tots (parent and toddler group); Rangers (after school clubs); family events (during school holidays)
- To lead on the continued development of these inspiring and experiential education programmes
- To lead on the development of a programme of adult courses at the Centre and a Forest School facility for local Forest School leaders, and manage an Education Support Assistant who will be responsible for coordinating these services
- To lead on the continued development of the Centre’s building, facilities and resources
- To facilitate effective collaboration between The Crown Estate and BBOWT
This post will be DBS checked at enhanced level. A criminal conviction will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining the position. BBOWT will not unfairly discriminate on the basis of criminal convictions. BBOWT’s policy regarding this matter and the Disclosure and Barring Service Code of Practice are available on request.
The closing time and date for applications is 11.59pm on Friday 8th October 2021.
Interviews will be held on Zoom on Monday 18th October 2021 and then, for selected candidates, at The Crown Estate Offices, Windsor Great Park on Monday 25th October 2021