‘When things go Bump in the Night’ Halloween Half-Term Trail - College Lake
About the event
This self-guided adventure includes a family ‘spooktacular’ tale and trail around our nature reserve.
The trail runs from Tues 27th to Thurs 29th October.
Pre-booking for this event is essential, please ensure you book a ticket for the correct number of people in your family including adults.
Read the story, follow the map and go on a journey to discover what happened to us one dark evening when we got lost at College Lake.
Re-trace our steps and find out who and what made us jump in the dark! Do you have any special skills or amazing powers that could help us to make a magic potion?
This trail follows an easy, mapped route starting at ‘Swallow-field’ and taking you through different parts of the reserve back towards the café and car park.
To enable us to welcome you and run the trail safely please be aware of the following:
- All tickets for the trail must be pre-booked. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer drop-in tickets on the day.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- The trail takes approx. 1-1.5hrs so please allow enough time to enjoy it during our opening hours;
Reserve and car park: 9.30am-5pm.
Last admission: 4pm (1 hour before closing).
- Please note that the Visitor Centre building is currently closed - follow signs to the temporary entrance to check-in on arrival at the Welcome Desk.
- Our story trail will be onsite whatever the weather so don’t forget your wellies and waterproofs! Festive outfits/accessories are encouraged!
- The story trail is aimed at children 3-11 years old, but is an outdoor adventure for the whole family!
Please ensure you have read the T & Cs below before making a booking.
Terms & Conditions:
- If you or a member of your household is showing ANY flu like signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or you have been told by NHS Test and Trace to isolate, please do not attend.
- Only those booked onto the trail can attend, so please ensure you book a ticket for the correct number of people in your family. All family groups must follow the Government’s ‘rule of 6’.
- All participants will be required to use an alcohol sanitising hand gel on arrival.
- Please be mindful of social distancing from others not in your family and keep to a distance of 2m in line with public health advice. It is your responsibility to be aware of yours and your child's proximity to others.
Price£2 per child
Suitable forFamilies, Children
Know before you go
Limited or restricted mobility - please contact the event organiser
What to bring
Our story trail will be onsite whatever the weather so don’t forget your wellies and waterproofs!
Festive outfits/accessories are encouraged!