Award in Outdoor Learning Practice Level 2 - Sutton Courtenay
About the event
This two and a half day course is aimed at those wishing to gain confidence to teach outdoors safely, using natural resources. This course will offer you the opportunity to experience outdoor activities linked to the curriculum including EYFS, KS1 and KS2, enable you to lead outdoor learning in your setting and inspire colleagues to take the curriculum outside.
This OCN accredited course is lead by Cambium approved ‘Muddy Feet’ Training and is worth 5 credits and usually takes 6 months to complete. You will be required to deliver 4 Outdoor Learning sessions and complete a portfolio to provide evidence for the following units:
- Sustainable Use of Natural Resources
- Outdoor Learning Practitioner
In brief, the course covers:
• Understanding the benefits and risks of using the outdoors as a learning environment
• Practical activity ideas, how to plan and deliver curriculum-based outdoor learning
• Enriching children’s learning, motivation and experience
• Learning an holistic approach to implementing outdoor learning – getting everyone ‘on board’ with your plans
• Understanding how to sustainably manage and improve outdoor learning environments
• Looking at the wider context of Learning Outside the Classroom and making plans to utilise your local natural and built environment in curriculum delivery.
Entry requirements apply, Students should be over 16 years old and have a L1 (or equivalent) qualification (e.g. GCSE)