Nature and Outdoor Photography Workshop - College Lake
, Tring, Buckinghamshire, HP23 5QG
About the event
Many people find great pleasure in interacting with the natural, outdoor environment. Part of this enjoyment often involves capturing images of where we have been – images of landscapes, seascapes, flowers, wildlife, birds and smaller lifeforms. It is a small step to learn how to capture more pleasing creative images of nature and the outdoors. It is the objective of this one day course to provide insights into the techniques and methods of capturing more creative images of nature and outdoors, for our own enjoyment, showing to family & friends or venturing further afield into posting the images to the Internet such as Flickr, Instagram and Photocrowd.
The course content is suitable for beginners with some experience of using simple cameras – mobile phone cameras, compact cameras, through to intermediate photographers who may be familiar with the operation of DSLR type cameras.
By the end of the course you will have insights into:
• How to select your image and check this content has the makings of a good, creative image;
• The range of available camera technologies and accessories;
• The technical elements of creative images – aperture, shutter speed and image chip sensitivity;
• The effect of different lenses on creating an image;
• The discretionary use of the composition guidelines, such as the ‘rule of thirds’;
• Different forms of natural light and how to use these to create images’;
• The use of composition elements of making an image – line, shape, form, texture, pattern and colour;
• Applying these techniques for taking images of close-up images of nature, birds and plant life.
Additional booking informationBring a packed lunch and drink with you. Tea/coffee will be provided.
Know before you go
limited or restricted mobility - please contact the event organiser